Brownies. Gooey, chocolaty, melt in your mouth brownies! What’s not to love about such a decadent dessert? Sounds mouthwatering enough on its own but certainly there’s always room for improvement. Whether you make them from scratch at home or out of a box, a minor tweak can take it to a whole other level of dessert deliciousness. Here are a few suggestions:
- Nuts-This option adds both texture and more taste to your brownie. Chop up some nuts with a knife or in a food processor and add them to the batter before putting it into the oven. Peanuts, walnuts, almonds, and cashews are all excellent options. Depending on your preference of how nutty you want your brownies to be, add anywhere from ½ cup to 1 cup of the chopped nuts. We personally followed this upgrade to present to you Gardenia’s Gourmet Brownies Walnut!
- Add chocolate chips-Extra chocolate never hurt anyone! But don’t just stop at original chocolate chips. With so many flavors available in the market now, the possibilities are endless. You could add 1 cup of dark, semi-sweet, milk, white chocolate, cinnamon, mint or even peanut butter chips.
- Top with chocolate chips-Now instead of putting the chips in the batter, try putting them on after brownie has baked. As soon as you have taken the brownie out of the oven, sprinkle a thin layer of your choice of chips on top and wait for them to melt, it should only take a minute or two. You will then be able to spread them out with a butter knife and will have created an instant frosting for your brownie.
- Cookie pieces-This is another great way to add both texture and flavor to your brownie. There are as many options as there are cookies in your supermarket! Break or chop your favorite cookie into small pieces and add 1 cup of them into the mixture before baking. Try adding whole cookies to your brownies as well. Pour half of the batter, put a layer of cookies and then top with the rest of the batter.
- Cheesecake flavor-Bringing together two desserts, cheesecake and brownie, into one! Soften 1 package of cream cheese in your microwave for about 30 seconds and mix it with 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 tsp of vanilla. Pour it on top of your brownie mix. Create a pattern of the cream cheese throughout the brownie mix either by swirling a knife or fork through it.
- Favorite candy bar-There really isn’t such a thing as too sweet, is there? Chop up 1 large candy bar into 1-centimeter sized pieces and add them to your brownie mix before baking. Some yummy choices would be peppermint patties, Twix, M&Ms, or Almond Joy, Basically, any of your favorite chocolate candy bars would be delicious!
- Peanut butter-The timeless combination of chocolate and peanut butter! Simply melt ½ cup of peanut butter in you microwave. Add it on top of the batter right before placing it in the oven and use a butter knife of fork to draw patterns.
- Mix and match-If more than one of the options above sounds good to you then why not go ahead and try them both? There are endless possibilities and one never knows what delicious treat could be created just by trying!
Of course, it is still possible that some people prefer the classic and simple brownie, there is something to be said about chocolate on its own as well. Our Gardenia’s Brownie Classic is a favorite If you like pure, hand-made, gourmet fudge brownies presented in their native state.